|Furnace linings and castables|
Foseco offers a wide range of products for the maintenance and relining of a variety of furnace types including:
• Coreless induction furnaces
• Channel induction furnaces
• Tower melters
• Low pressure furnaces
• INSURAL mastics
Technical support is also available for the recommendation of lining materials, installation and maintenance procedures and operating practices.
Coreless Induction Furnace
Refractory systems for the reline and maintenance of coreless furnaces melting or holding aluminum alloys.
KELLUNDITE 352/400 high alumina dry linings contain an aluminium resistant additive to provide a clean operating furnace with minimum dross build up and sticking, enabling easy cleaning.
• KELLUNDITE 354 high alumina, “seamless” dry capping material for ‘seamless’ linings contains an additional binder for better sintering in order to resist erosion and cracking by charging and cleaning.
• BLU-RAM HS and BLU-RAM HSW plastics are granular phosphate-bonded plastics for furnace capping and spouts.
• TRIAD and TRIAD AL low moisture castable precast spouts.
Refractory systems for the reline and maintenance of coreless furnaces melting or holding copper base alloys.
• KELLUNDITE 400 silicon carbide containing, alumina based dry linings for copper melting furnaces.
Tower Melting Furnace
Foseco offers a complete range of monolithic and brick refractory products for tower melter furnaces.
• ALUGARD refractories are specifically developed and designed to resist erosion and impact damage while retaining excellent non-wetting properties in aluminum alloys. They minimize the potential for corundum formation and growth in aluminum and associated alloys.
• ALUGARD EXP castable is a 2-part phosphate bonded system with the addition of a non-wetting additive. It is ideal for patch repairing furnaces and thin veneer repairs.
• TRIAD no-cement castables are supplied dry for mixing and placement on site, they must be installed behind a suitable formwork by internal vibration.
• TRIAD 70AL castable is mulcoa based with low density and high resistance to aluminum penetration and is therefore ideally suited for the tower melting furnace bath.
• CRITERION high strength, low cement, abrasion resistant castables are suitable for the hearth and shaft.
Low Pressure Furnace Linings
A range of cement or phosphate bonded monolithics to resist the formation of corundum. These have minimum water additions to allow fast dry-out with decreased downtime.
• ALUGARD low moisture, low cement castables are designed to be used for molten aluminum applications. They contain non- wetting additives designed to provide excellent resistant to Al and dross attack.
INSURAL 700 and INSURAL 800 pastes are highly insulating mastics which are used as adhesives but can also be used for repairs, make seals or for similar tasks. Ideally suited to aluminum and zinc, they can also be applied to other non ferrous alloys provided the temperature lies below 1000 ºC/1832 ºF.